Do you have a great business idea and based anywhere in the world?
Enterprise Ireland offers 50,000 euro seed money to plant and grow your globally successful business in Ireland to 10 entrepreneurs.
The International Competitive Start Fund (CSF)aims to accelerate the growth of globally ambitious start-up companies based anywhere in the world, which are willing to relocate to Ireland. Ireland is quickly gaining points as a hotbed of entrepreneurship and boasts high rankings in ease of doing business! Up to 10 winners will receive top-class business development support and up to €50,000 for an equity stake from an Irish state agencyEnterprise Ireland, ranked number 3 globally for seed investment by leading International Investment Platform PitchBook.
Ireland is a thriving and rapidly growing haven for both high potential start-up companies and Multi-National Corporations alike. It is evident why so many companies choose to settle here, including:
- 9 of the world’s top 10 medical technology companies, such as Boston Scientific and Medtronic.
- 8 of the top pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer and Amgen.
- 3 of the top 5 games companies, such as EA and Activision.
- 9 out of 10 world-leading technology and internet companies such as Facebook and Google.
- 15 of the top 20 world-leading Life Science companies for like Abbott Laboratories and Allergan.
- Over 50% of the world’s leading Financial Services firms like JP Morgan Chase and HSBC among others.
Ireland has a strong, educated, English speaking workforce who are adaptable and flexible. It is situated on the edge of mainland Europe, which makes it ideal for exporting and importing. Companies who run operations in Ireland can greatly benefit from the low corporation tax of 12.5%.
Enterprise Ireland is the government organisation responsible for the development and growth of Irish enterprises in world markets. It works in partnership with Irish enterprises to help them start, grow, innovate and win export sales in global markets. In 2015, Enterprise Ireland invested in 217 start-ups 35 of those were international start-ups.
Are you willing to get hands on support from Enterprise Ireland and first seed capital? The International Competitive Start Fund applications are accepted onlinefrom August 24 to September 7 and considered on a competitive basis. In addition to the written online application companies will be asked to complete a 6-8 minute online video pitch.
The best 20 applicants will be invited and sponsored to pitch in Cork, Ireland on November 18 at The Global Startup Gathering, a celebration of the global startup community!
In addition to the investment of €50k, successful applicants will be eligible for a range of supports, including mentoring, and a development programme. See details on support available HPSU Start supports.
International Entrepreneurship – Competitive Start Fund
A competition for start-ups currently based outside Ireland who are willing to relocate.
Winners Receive Investment of €50k for a 10% Equity Stake.
Mentoring, Development Program, Banking Assistance, Accommodation & more.
All applications must be made via our Online Application System
The Application System Opens on: Wednesday 24th August.
Closing Wednesday 7th September @ 3pm
Short-listed projects from this application will pitch in Cork on 18th November 2016.
Enterprise Ireland will cover travel costs and will facilitate an introduction to Irelands thriving start-up ecosystem.
Successful applicants from outside the EU are eligible to apply for a Startup Entrepreneur Visa which permits the holder and his/her family to reside and work in Ireland.
- The company/founders must be resident outside Ireland at the time of application.
- Management team must be based in Ireland for at least one year post investment (e.g. if two persons in the current management, at least one person must move to Ireland).
- Already has less than €100K funding [excluding sweat equity]
- Revenues less than €60k any previous year;
- Less than five years old;
- Likely to employ 10 in Ireland and sales of €1m within 3 years
- Software, manufacture or traded services. Not engaged in gambling, “adult entertainment” or military
For more information:
Still have questions
email firstname.lastname@example.org give Enterprise Ireland a call +353 1 727 2202
For more information click here